The privacy of your data is critical to us. We are committed to never renting, sharing or selling your information to anyone. Ever.
This policy lays out what data we collect and why and how your data is handled.
Identity and access
When you sign up for The Kable, we ask for identifying information such as your name, email address, and phone number. We do this so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you invoices, updates, or other essential information. We’ll never sell your personal information to third parties, and we won’t use your information in marketing campaigns or on our website without your written permission.
The Kable uses RazorPay and Stripe to process payments. We ask for your credit card and billing address so we can charge you for service, calculate taxes due, and send you invoices.
Your credit card information is passed directly to our payment processor and doesn’t ever go through our servers. We store a record of the payment transaction, including the last 4 digits of the credit card number and as-of billing address, for account history, invoicing, and billing support.
We ask for and store your billing address to
- calculate Service Tax due in India
- detect fraudulent credit card transactions
- raise invoices.
We log all access to all accounts by full IP address in order to verify no unauthorized access has happened. We keep this login data for as long as your account is active.
We use CAPTCHA services to mitigate brute force logins. The CAPTCHA service evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, how long you have used the Service, mouse movements) to check whether the data is possibly filled out by an automated program instead of a human. We retain these data via our sub-processor forever because they are used for anti-spam mitigation.
Cookies and Do Not Track
We use persistent first-party cookies to store certain preferences, making it easier for you to use the Service. A cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser to help it remember your login information, site preferences, and more. You can adjust cookie retention settings in your own browser. To learn more about cookies, including how to view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
At this time, our Website and Service do not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins.
When you write to The Kable with a question or ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including the email address, so that we have a history of past communication to reference if you reach out in the future. We also store any information you volunteer for, like surveys or marketing interviews.
Information we do not collect.
We don’t collect any information specific to your age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. You may provide this information voluntarily, such as if you include a pronoun preference in your email signature when writing to our Support team.
Accessing or sharing your information
We may access or share your information when complying with legal process, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, and ensure the security of our network and Services.
Securing your data
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. The database backups are also encrypted.
What happens when you delete your account
- If you cancel the Service during your free trial, we will terminate your access immediately and delete your information from our servers.
- If you cancel the Service before your subscription term ends, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. However, you will continue to have access to The Kable for the remainder of your subscription term. Once your term ends, we will terminate your access and delete your information from our servers.
Storage and protection
- Storage and processing: The Kable is located in India. Your information collected through our website will be stored and processed in India or any other country in which The Kable or our service providers maintain facilities.
- Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your data and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all the information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, The Kable will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, per any applicable laws and regulations.
Links to other websites and services
Our website and Service may integrate with or contain links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from our website. Your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
Consent and governing law
Further, it is irrevocably and unconditionally agreed that the courts of Mumbai, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any proceedings in relation to any disputes arising out of the same.
In accordance with the Information Technology Act 2000, the name and the details of the Grievance Officer at The Kable are provided below:
Ms. Karina Varma
Partner – The Kable
Kable Digital Media LLP
301/300 Archana, Sher E Punjab
Andheri East, Mumbai 400093